Advent Blessings – December 2018
Sunday, December 2nd marks the beginning of Ad vent and our preparation for the birth of Christ. Our community is blessed w ith lots of talents and gifts and I invite you to make this season o ne of peace and sharing. Let us continue to work together to serve others as we continue to reflect on this year’s theme
“ What do you want of me, Lord?”
I have been honoured to witness the dedication and devotion of both the staff and parents to Catholic Education. It takes a special commitment to send your children to a Catholic School and I believe that the education your child receives at St. Edmund’s reflects high standards with our faith being central in all that we do.
On behalf of the entire staff and my family, I would like to extend to you and your families the love, joy and peace that comes with this season, as we celebrate the birth of Christ.
To prepare the children for Christmas, we will have Reconciliation services for Grades 3 to 7 on December 11th. When we receive the sacrament of Reconciliation we show our desire to welcome the Lord with purified hearts. Please note that Parish Penitential Services will take place on Dec. 19 at 7 pm in our Church.
Student Council Food Drive
Student Council is asking all classes to bring in canned goods and other non-perishables to help create Christmas Food Hampers for those in need in our community. Please bring donations by December 11th.
Dress Down Days
Student Council has organized a “fall colour” dress-down day for November 28th. Additionally, students are asked to come in their concert costumes on Wed. Dec. 19th for a dress rehearsal.
Thursday, December 20 at 7 p.m.
Doors will open at 6:30 and students are asked to be in their classrooms at 6:40. After the concert, students must be picked up from their classrooms.
Recognition & Appreciation
- Congratulations Sr. Girls Volleyball, Miss Singer & Mrs. Dy on a successful end to the Volleyball season. Our girls are commended for their 5th place finish at the CISVA Volleyball finals! Thank you to all our parent drivers for supporting our girls and transporting them to their games.
- Thank you to our Grade 6 class for leading us in prayer and song in a reverent Remembrance Day Assembly.
- To our Garden Club for their continual care of our front school garden – especially at this time of fall!
- Did you know that parishioner Mrs. Patricia LaBreche is one of the recipients of the 2018 Archdiocese of Vancouver’s Stewardship Award. We are grateful for her past help with our school’s Altar Server program. Congratulations Mrs. LaBreche!
- Thank you to all families who have responded to the Travel Survey. Your feedback is much appreciated and you haven’t completed the online survey yet, please click on the following link: https://na1se.voxco.com/SE/111/stedmunds/
Communicating Student Learning – Report Card Conferences
Last month we highlighted the changes to our student report cards as we continue to work within CISVA and Ministry of Education reporting guidelines. Our teachers appreciate your role as partners in your child’s learning and look forward to seeing you on December 6th & 7th. Please note that students in grades 4 to 7 are expected to attend their conference. (You can register on-line for your parent-teacher conference. Please login on the school website. Thank you for taking the opportunity to meet and celebrate your child’s academic progress so far this year.
If you have a child ready for Kindergarten for the 2019/2020 class, please return the form below to the school office by Friday, December 7th, 2018. Preference is given to siblings, however due to interest for enrollment in Kindergarten 2019/2020, we need to know how many spaces will be available.
New Families 2019/2020
If you know any families whose first child will be in Kindergarten in September 2019, applications for the 2019/2020 school year are available on the school website and in the school office.